GARDINER COMMUNITY CENTER BOARD
Gardiner Community Center Board
Minutes: December 13, 2017
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by President Carol Hansen Hills at 11:10AM. Also present: Vice President Fran Reynolds, Treasurer Trish Warner, Secretary Herb Cook, directors Mark Nebel and Carleton Posey; GCC Caretaker Andrew Watson.
Public Comment / Recognition of Guests
Board members welcomed Gardiner resident Crystal Gregory. Former GCC Board member Steve Durupt and Jefferson County Commissioner Kathleen Kler attended an informal luncheon and discussion following the business meeting.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the previous Board meeting on November 15, 2017, were approved as presented.
· Maintenance: Caretaker Andrew Watson
o Andrew is seeking a supplier of additional letters for the GCC Readerboard.
o Andrew will purchase a steam cleaner for upholstery.
· Rental & Scheduling: Fran Reynolds
o Several 2018 Rental Agreements remain outstanding; Fran will follow up.
o The Sea Change K9 organization donated a new vacuum cleaner. The old vacuum will be discarded.
o Jan Hintermayr continues to launder GCC’s soiled linens. Carol offered to send a card and flowers or a plant to recognize Jan’s volunteer service.
· Landscape: Trish Warner
o Trish and Mark Nebel have completed fall/winter grounds clean-up.
o Jefferson County’s road sweeper swept the GCC parking lot; Trish thanked county maintenance supervisor Dave Kaldahl.
Treasurer’s Report: Trish Warner
· Financial Statements: November receipts $1,973, expenditures $2,035. Checking account NOV30 balance: $17,918, including $750 net refundable damage deposits. December bills payable $1,539, including $32.60 reimbursement to Trish for paying the six-month Ooma Telo telephone bill. MSA (Herb/Carleton): to approve the Treasurer’s Report and authorize payment of December bills.
· Cleaning Window Blinds: Blinds were dusted when holiday decorations were installed. Board members agreed the blinds should be washed in the spring.
· Chair Rails: Tom Walker (Jefferson County Facilities Maintenance) notified Carol by email that the county lacks the manpower or budget to install chair rails in the large downstairs meeting room. Andrew offered to install the rails. After discussion, it was MSA (Fran/Mark): to authorize Andrew to spend up to $100 for wood and install chair rails, contingent upon approval of Jefferson County.
· 2018 Caretaker Agreement: Board members accepted minor amendments to the Caretaker’s responsibilities as enumerated in the Agreement. MSA (Trish/Fran): to approve the 2018 Caretaker Agreement as amended, including compensation of $13,200 as an independent contractor.
· Officers’ Duties: Fran distributed a draft of proposed Officers’ Duties. Discussion was deferred to January.
· 2018 Board Meeting Schedule: Board members agreed to continue holding meetings at 10:00AM on Wednesdays (usually the 3rd Wednesday of the month) and scheduled the following meeting dates in 2018:
January 17 April 11 July 18 October 17
February 21 May 16 August 15 November 14
March 21 June 20 September 19 December 19
Wednesday, January 17, 10:00AM.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 12:05PM. Board members and guests then enjoyed an informal luncheon and discussion with Commissioner Kler until 1:15PM.
Herb Cook / Secretary